Sunday, September 6, 2009

Malaria

I shed my first tears today.

At church this morning the little sunday school class (which meets at 8:30am before church, so our girls don't go) stood out the front of church and performed some simple actions to the following familiar song:

Let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
Let the blind say I can see
It's what the Lord has done in me

Hosanna, hosanna, to the Lamb that was slain
Hosanna, hosanna, Jesus died and rose again

I didn't see anyone else crying, so maybe it was just me that was profoundly touched, but to see those little children singing about how rich they were and what God had done for them was very powerful. And it is true for all of us - the fact that through Jesus I can be called a child of the Living God! What an awesome thing.

Church was cut short for me though, because Millie wasn't feeling very well, so I decided to take her outside - to sit under the big tree where it was a bit cooler. As I walked past Kevin, he handed me the Pajero keys and said I should take her home. Machi followed me out and said she would drive us home, then bring the car back to pick everyone up after church. As we hopped in the car, Machi suggested we head into town and get a blood slide, just to rule out malaria. I'm very thankful we did, because I'm sad to say Millie does have malaria. The sooner malaria is diagnosed, the better (esp. with brain malaria, which is what she has), and Millie's malaria is only in the very early stages, so praise God for that. She started her medication today, and so we'll see how she goes. Ahh, the new experiences continue ...

5 comments:

  1. Lord, please heal Millie quickly! May the medication take immediate effect. May she rest well and not have a relapse. Give her family peace knowing you are looking after them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Millie, but thank God for Machi's insightful advice. The Schultz's will be praying for a quick recovery for Millie and peace for the rest of you whilst you treat her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All our love and prayers go to you and especially to Millie. May God heal and comfort her, and you, at this time.
    Gay

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness...adding my prayer. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peets... We are so glad that our prayers have been answered and Millie is feeling better each day... Praise God! May the Lord keep you all well for the remainder of your stay... In HIs love & care, Max & family xxx

    ReplyDelete