Saturday, September 5, 2009

I love God's creation


We had a trip out to Mamara again this morning, and enjoyed swimming in the beautiful, clear, fresh water. The water was up much higher than our first visit (as a result of all the rain yesterday) , and the current was much stronger. The girls had heaps of fun jumping in and swimming with the current to where they could stand, and with some encouragement from a local, Geoff, Sophie and Millie crossed over the road and swam through the tunnel! They did that so many times, and even walked through the tunnel against the current (although that was very hard going!)

Mamara is so pretty, with beautiful lillies, butterflies and dragonflies. Next time we go, I will bring my digital SLR - these photos were taken on our little automatic:

I've often seen these dragonflies at the SWIM base. Their wings look velvety, and they are quite striking. There were 5 or 6 flying around the lillies today, and one happened to stay still long enough for me to get this shot. No so for the large black and white butterfly I attempted to photograph - all I got was three blurry snaps!


Beautiful water lillies.

This afternoon we had another musical practise, followed by dinner and then a movie night with the youth group. We hired Highschool Musical, hoping to learn a few tips about breaking out into spontaneous song and how to overact! It was stacks of fun - we laughed the whole way through and really enjoyed ourselves - eating all the biscuits and cake I cooked yesterday, plus loads of popcorn!

We let the girls stay up and watch the movie (they hadn't seen it yet), and they loved it - sitting right up the front. Little Freddy (second from left) couldn't stay awake - neither could Elora, who asked to go to bed at 7:30.

There was a good turn out from the youth group - well over 40 - and a very tight squash on the back of the truck to get home!

Today I found out that Father's Day is next week in the Solomons, not tomorrow.
Now I have to resist that chocolate in my fridge for another whole week ...

No comments:

Post a Comment