Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fun wth geckos


The girls caught another gecko this morning - a nice little one with cute stripes - and they had heaps of fun all taking turns in holding it.


We all burst out laughing when Elora was having a turn - the gecko started on her hand, crawled up her arm, onto her shoulder, then jumped onto her glasses! It goes to show how used to geckos we all are now - the first time we saw them, no one wanted to even touch one!

The girls played with the gecko so much this morning (making homes for it, collecting bugs for it to eat, etc, etc.) that I started to feel sorry for it - by the time I told them to put the gecko outside somewhere, it had lost it's tail (from being picked up one too many times!) Ahh, they are having fun.

I must say though, I draw the line at cane toads. The other day Elora came up to me saying, 'Look, Mummy, cute baby cane toads!" Sure enough, in her bare hand were three or four small cane toads she had found from somewhere! Yuk! I made her run off and wash her hands, spoiling all her fun!

1 comment:

  1. yep, i agree, cane toads are sooooo disgusting! I could hardly pick one up at the cane toad races in Port Douglas. When i finally picked it up i threw it into the bucket from so high the guy running it commented that it didn't have a parachute on! yuuuuuk!!!

    ReplyDelete