Sunday, August 23, 2009

Singing and dancing

It's the end of a busy weekend, so just a quick post before I go to bed!

We've had three musical practises this weekend, and we've been teaching the choreography. Before I could teach it though, I had to come up with the choreography - and that's no easy thing for me (movement and dancing isn't really my forte, or Geoff's!) But with a bit of help from Brianna and Florrie, Geoff and I came up with enough to keep us busy for the weekend, so I was happy with that. What surprised me was how much the youth enjoyed the choreography - it has added a real element of fun, and everyone is really getting into it (stacks of laughing and cheering at the end of each song!) We were supposed to have only one practise next weekend, but they have cancelled their other things, and we're having three practises instead. It is hard to believe we have only been working at this for three weeks - I'm really impressed with how much everyone has accomplished, and am hopeful we will get it all together before we leave!

Learning the steps to 'Get Real'

The photo doesn't really show the sweat dripping off me, but the t.shirt gives you some kind of indication!

The band! Geoff has been practising with them two extra nights each week, and they are starting to sound really tight on the songs they know. Not sure if we'll have time to learn all the songs though. No one reads music - they are essentially learning it all off by heart with lots of new concepts.


We had the computer set up for the musical, and when we were finished, the kids all came in to look at the photos scrolling through on the screen (they were fascinated and stayed there for well over half an hour!)

We decided to put a movie on for everyone to watch, and Annie was a big hit! It went too late though, so we'll put the rest on tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment