Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Early morning read


I spied a beautiful moment this morning. Geoff did the early morning (7:20am) school run in the truck, and while he was out, Elora grabbed one of the books we brought along and 'read' it to two of the local kids. I happened to see them through the office window when I was cleaning up.


I had my first malaria blood test today - happy to say it came back negative! Just a tummy infection of some sort that I picked up soon after arriving here. I kept fairly quiet today, drank LOTS of water, and had a sleep. Hopefully I'll feel much better tomorrow - we are planning on driving out to visit a school for the Deaf and I would be disappointed to miss out.

After a great day at school yesterday, Brianna wasn't so happy today. She said she was VERY tired, and apparently spent the whole afternoon in the office. Admittedly she is finding it hard to get to sleep each night, and we have to get up at 6:15am to be ready for school. I guess the heat, etc. is taking its toll. The twins though, are still loving school and are very positive.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie,
    Its Ella Robertson here, are you having a good time and enjoying your school? It sounds like you are. I miss you. Good bye and I hope you continue to have lots of blessings. From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elora.
    We were so excited to see your Mum's blog today. We went over to the Kindy room and looked at all the wonderful pictures! Heath wants to know how you ever climb up into the back of the truck as it looks so big! Khiara loved your necklace and seeing what the markets look like. Seth So. laughed at all of you in the back of your truck with your sunnies on...it looked like fun. Ben loved the look of the pool at the hotel and we wondered hoe deep the river is to swim in. Tom really liked to see you playing hide and seek in the back of the truck! What other games do you play with the children?
    We prayed for you and your family today and we miss you heaps in our class. Say hello to your Mum and Dad and sisters and we will write again soon.
    Love Mrs Ross, Mrs Straker and Prep XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you you are feeling better Amanda....not fun being sick but especially when you are away and it is HOT!

    Praying for you all
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be encouraged guys!

    The girls WILL settle I was told after arriving here in Bowral...and although I was sceptical I was fervently praying it would happen! And it has! It will for you too...I am convinced of that!

    Lez...for the Taylors

    ReplyDelete