Monday, July 13, 2009

A new blog!

I must say that this is our first crack at having our own blog! Not sure if it will work or not. I'm thinking it is an easy way to let people know how things are going for us in the Solomon's, and an opportunity for us to reflect on some of our experiences. So, we'll see how it goes ...

Well, we have been looking forward to this opportunity for so long, and now we are so close to going! We leave for the Solomon's on Monday, so this week is packing time! Our challenge is to get as close to 20kg each, without going over. I'm just excited to finally make a start on packing, and I'm sure we'll get everything done that needs doing, and fit everything in that needs to come along.

I'm bringing a selection of childrens books to leave over there.

Mum and Dad have Brianna, Millie and Sophie this week (huge blessing), which is perfect to allow Geoff and I to pack properly. We spent this morning at the optometrist with Elora, who needs new (much stronger) lenses. Hopefully they will arrive before we leave.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys the blog looks great! I am so excited for you hope all the packing goes well and that getting on the plane is easier than getting 5 passports :)

    Happy traveling, enjoy the spam Amanda.... A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, as much as I hate the heat, a bit of warmth at the moment sounds awesome. Love the blog, I will enjoy reading it. Love Linda

    ReplyDelete